Hi, everyone. I’m Nozomi, an immigration lawyer in japan.
Today, I’m going to tell you the case of hoping to extend your “short-stay” in Japan.
As a general rule, the period of stay for short stays cannot be changed.
However, renewal is permitted only when there are unavoidable circumstances or special circumstances due to humanity.
[Specific permission examples]
- Indigestion for visiting Japan due to poor physical condition
- When handling traffic (death) accidents (claims for insurance, etc.)
- When a mother takes care of her daughter who immediately after gave a birth
Actually, there are several renewal permission cases that are not circumstances due to humanity.
[Documents necessary for procedure]
(It would be different depends on the reason for renewal)
- Application for renewal of status of residence
- Reason book explaining the need for renewal
- Documents certifying activities from the time of arrival to the present (reason book, photographs, medical certificates, etc.)
- Documents certifying that there is a staying fee (guarantor’s deposit balance certificate, etc.)
- Return flight ticket
In some cases, additional documentation may be required.
Thank you for reading till the end.
If you’d like to get more information constantly, please fill out the e-mail magazine on the registration form. That way, you won’t definitely miss it.
→ Get newsletters