Hi, everyone. I’m Nozomi, an immigration lawyer in japan.
Today, I’m going to tell you in the case “College Student” starts part-time job.
In the case “College Student” starts part-time job
When a “College Student” starts part-time job, he or she must obtain a “Permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted”.
Working hours must be within 28 hours per week.
- Documents that clarify the contents of the activities related to the application
- Residence card (presentation)
- Passport or Certificate of status of residence (presentation)
- If you are unable to present your passport or certificate of status of residence, a statement of reasons describing the reason
※It is forbidden to work in the job related to the entertainment and amusement trades.
※It is naturally forbidden not to be directly involved in the work, but also to washing dishes and cleaning.
- For activities that support education and research, such as research assistants, that receive compensation based on a contract with the university, you do not need the “Permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted”.
- Previously, A5 size of certificate was issued, but instead a 4cm wide x 5.5cm long certificate supposed to be attached.
Thank you for reading till the end. I’ll see you soon.