Hi, everyone. I’m Nozomi, an immigration lawyer in japan.
Today, I’m going to tell you about a “Certificate of Authorized Employment”.
What is a “Certificate of Authorized Employment”?
You can apply for this certificate when you change your job which is as same as the type of job you worked in the previous company, and if you are not imminent on the period of stay.
A “Certificate of Authorized Employment” is a document that certifies the contents of activities for which foreigners staying in Japan receive compensation based on their status of residence.
It is not impossible to perform work activities without receiving the grant.
However, this is to ensure that foreigners are qualified to work legally and that there are no problems with their employment. Therefore, both foreigners and employers can confirm that they are qualified to work legally and that there are no problems with their employment.
- passport (presentation)
- Residence card (presentation)
- Withholding slip (Issued by the company before changing jobs)
- Retirement certificate (Issued by the company before changing jobs)
- Copy of Employment Agreement (Signed with company after changing jobs)
- Documents that clarify the outline of the company after changing jobs
- Registration Certificate (Within 3 months after issuance)
- A copy of the most recent profit and loss statement
- Company profile
- In order to apply for a “Certificate of Authorized Employment”, you will be asked to submit documents issued by the previous company, so you must confirm that you would be able to get them actually.
- There may be a trouble with the company before retirement, and you may not be able to issue the document. In that case, it is necessary to explain the reason to the Immigration Bureau
- Enter the foreigner’s first and last name in alphabet.
- Write the date of birth of the foreigner with the Christian era.
※If the period of stay is imminent and also, in the case the type of jobs would be as same as previous, it is better to renew your period of stay.
※If the case the type of jobs will change, you must change your status of residence.
Thank you for reading till the end. I’ll see you soon.