Hi, everyone. I’m Nozomi, an immigration lawyer in japan.
Today, I’m going to tell you the case of hoping to extend your “short-stay” in Japan.
As a general rule, the period of stay for short stays cannot be changed.
However, renewal is permitted only when there are unavoidable circumstances or special circumstances due to humanity.
[Specific permission examples]
- Indigestion for visiting Japan due to poor physical condition
- When handling traffic (death) accidents (claims for insurance, etc.)
- When a mother takes care of her daughter who immediately after gave a birth
- Application for renewal of status of residence
- Reason book explaining the need for renewal
- Documents certifying activities from the time of arrival to the present (reason book, photographs, medical certificates, etc.)
- Documents certifying that there is a staying fee (guarantor’s deposit balance certificate, etc.)
- Return flight ticketIn some cases, additional documentation may be required.
Thank you for reading till the end. I’ll see you soon.
Actually, there are several renewal permission cases that are not circumstances due to humanity.
[Documents necessary for procedure]
(It would be different depends on the reason for renewal)